antrap.org antrap.org
January 17, 2018, 09:24:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced Search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Australian & New Zealand tour 2017  (Read 2160 times)
DIRTYHARRY
Ant Brave

Ignore
    « Reply #15 on: February 24, 2017, 05:22:16 PM »

Any forthcoming dates will be announced in the news sections or FB as and when.

Big Smile
    original
    ANTurion

Ignore
    « Reply #16 on: March 08, 2017, 06:21:59 AM »

I get this Monk from thread link as well as the News page:

"404 Not Found

The requested page, (none) /www.mjrpresents.com, is not available.

Please contact: admin@adam-ant.net and copy that this error can be fixed. Thanks!"
    « Last Edit: March 08, 2017, 08:07:06 AM by original » Logged

... stop treating people like they have no feelings
    Monk
    "The Mod Monk"
    Administrator
    Ant Mowhok

___monk___

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2017, 10:13:30 AM »

Try it now.
    This is what happens when other people change their page addresses!
    original
    ANTurion

Ignore
    « Reply #18 on: March 08, 2017, 08:23:40 PM »

Try it now.
    This is what happens when other people change their page addresses!

Fixed.  Thumbs Up

Aussieant
    Ant Fan

Ignore
    « Reply #19 on: October 06, 2017, 06:46:02 AM »

antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic

1 week to go Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    original
    ANTurion

Ignore
    « Reply #20 on: October 06, 2017, 10:57:01 AM »

antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic antmusic

1 week to go Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jumpy laugh

3days for me, (and 1 week till Sydney).  bass

Kburke
    Ant Mowhok

And she's so pretty that you're lost in the stars

Ignore
    « Reply #21 on: October 06, 2017, 03:52:57 PM »

I'm excited for you both!!  antmusic
    Cattaneo
    Novus Formica

Ignore
    « Reply #22 on: October 09, 2017, 09:34:30 AM »

The wait is almost over. So excited!
    skip-rat
    Ant Mowhok

give us a kiss.

Ignore
    « Reply #23 on: October 09, 2017, 11:34:53 AM »

At the fear of revealing a level of geographic pig ignorance, when I was growing up I always though that NZ was pretty small (the classic 'about as big as Wales') until my friend moved there ten years ago and has subsequently shown me how big the place is.  emb

"Students are a bigger threat to society than Trump could ever be." © Lucifer

"I do tend to regard cyclists in much the same way as I regard students." © Lucifer

"Could someone please explain? It's all a bit confusing." © Harry off of AntRap

"Rema Rema. The Mogwai of 1979." © D.Mantell
    original
    ANTurion

Ignore
    « Reply #24 on: October 09, 2017, 01:37:38 PM »

As best as I could fathom, running order 2nd half was:

Beat
    Apollo 9
    Strip
    Vive
    Prince Charming
    Friend or Foe
    Desperate but not Serious
    Cartrouble
    Xerox
    Puss
    Lady
    Fall Out
    Stand and Deliver

G2S
    Red Scab
    Physical

Real nice surprise to hear a different mix than the US shows.

Manager was lovely and asked Andy and Joe out to sign my Spiderbites (Andy had made the offer as the presigned ones were sold out when I purchased). Guess who didn't consider a pen ...   unsure Saved by a nice girl also waiting to get stuff signed. Joe added my name  to his signature after checking what he thought it was was correct, so probably a sign I've liked one too many fb posts or been to one too many shows. He also advised against listening to anything Crawford has to say about NZ. Not sure it's these guys cup of tea based on Will's coffee updates.  laugh out load

Discovered my sister is as crap a photographer as I am - Will told her she needed to use the flash, but ... so I have some wonderful shots with the band and Roy which look akin to the dark sky over Aoeta.

Really small stage which I think must have been a challenge. Sound seemed to be giving jip ... though I know nout about that. Sound distorted and weird (Adam's voice sounded unlike him at times). Someone was coming on stage to fiddle with equipment. Sound much better about Vive onward. Could also have been us standing in front of the speaker feeling reverberations through our bodies ... any shaking on my videos is literally the sound waves making my phone jump.

Seemed like Stand and Deliver raised biggest audience response.

Approaching 1am here so signing off. Got a young fella to see off to work in a few hours. Today was his first day of employment having signed out of school, and here's me and my sister buggering off to watch some Antmen.

iCeHoUsE
    Ant Thing

Ignore
    « Reply #25 on: October 09, 2017, 02:32:03 PM »

Approaching 1am here so signing off. Got a young fella to see off to work in a few hours. Today was his first day of employment having signed out of school, and here's me and my sister buggering off to watch some Antmen.

You got your priorities right then :o ) Thanks for the gig report.
    Kburke
    Ant Mowhok

And she's so pretty that you're lost in the stars

Ignore
    « Reply #26 on: October 09, 2017, 03:56:10 PM »

Thanks, Original!  Great report!  I like hearing about the stuff outside the show as much as inside.   Wonderful
    original
    ANTurion

Ignore
    « Reply #27 on: October 09, 2017, 08:34:33 PM »

You got your priorities right then :o ) Thanks for the gig report.

Terrible huh? It's why I cancelled Wellington and Melbourne to be here for him. Powerstation was not far down the road and still going to Sydney Friday night cos I'm going to stay with my cousin I haven't seen for a goodly number of years to check out our DNA results (she's in for a bit of shock ...  ). Adam is my treat to her for accommodating me for nix. Hope he's enough to settle any rumples to the fabric of the universe too.

original
    ANTurion

Ignore
    « Reply #28 on: October 09, 2017, 08:42:17 PM »

Thanks, Original!  Great report!  I like hearing about the stuff outside the show as much as inside.   Wonderful

No worries - probably making typos galore after 2-3hrs sleep. Apologies if so.

Sound on few phone vids I listened back to is much better than in our ears at the time, so maybe position we were standing was a key factor. Guy working stage door at venue (was real chatty while we were waiting for Andy / Joe to sign CD said it was unlike any sound on previous shows, I'm just uninformed about all that to know what it may or may not mean, but I might have found why my eardrums were bleeding in the US ... Man he plays loud.

Nearest I've felt to last night have been out earthquakes.  jumpy laugh

Oh, and no cops, barely any security, no pat downs, real friendly faces and able to joke with thing. Bliss seeing Adam in my relaxed home.  Wonderful

Going to have quick squizzy of fb then back to sleep. Knackered.

original
    ANTurion

Ignore
    « Reply #29 on: October 10, 2017, 08:41:54 PM »

One of the more negative reviews overall:
    https://www.13thfloor.co.nz/adam-ant-powerstation-october-9-2017/

I've only seen two(?) others for Auckland but Will and or Monk have these on main fb page (I think).

Can't find anything from Wellington yet bar one Instagram clip from Will of RedScab. Frustrating as I fly out in the morning and will miss any news about it. Hoping it went well anyhoo. Sold my ticket to a girl and asked her to send any pics / vids / reviews but nothing came back ... yet!!

Did notice this from another review:
    "Regular visitors to the Crave! website might notice, by the way, that we don’t have the usual high-quality photography that we like to feature with concert reviews. We fully intended to photograph the show, but just a couple of hours before the concert was due to start, Adam Ant’s tour manager sent out a photo release, which, in addition to the usual, and entirely reasonable, requirement that photos only be published in the outlets they were intended for, photographers were obliged to submit all photos for review before publication, and also allow Adam Ant to select one image per photographer for his own use without any compensation to the photographer. Crave! does not support photo releases of this nature, and will not sign them; that’s why we only have iPhone photos from last night’s show."
    http://cravepodcast.com/2017/10/10/adam-ant-still-the-king-of-the-wild-frontier/

These are the only others I've seen:
    http://www.ambientlightblog.com/adam-ant-auckland-nz-2017/
    http://libel.co.nz/home/2017/10/10/adam-ant

« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 08:46:22 PM by original » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
      Print  

Jump to: